Monday, February 20, 2012

Emory's Birth Story

Your Birth Story

On February the 6th we were scheduled to be induced. We had to be at the hospital at 5 p.m.. most of the day Daddy and I relaxed watched TV and napped. Finished a few errands and headed to Paris, TN. We checked in at 5 p.m., it started with a bunch of questions about Mommy's health and about the pregnancy. I got my IV started and relaxed in bed. At about 6 p.m. they gave me the cervidil for my cervix to soften up the rest of the way. I was at a fingertip 1 cm. Tuesday morning they took out the Cervidil and was still at a 1 cm. They started the pitocin and the contractions got stronger. Ended up getting some pain meds to help with the contractions. The higher the pitocin got the slower my contractions got. I was not progressing like I should. I was still at a 1 cm. That evening the Dr came in to discuss the options. Since I was not dialating they wanted to stop the pitocin for the day and give me another medicine to put on my cervix, it was a pill cut up in quarters. About this time I was in tears and begging for a c-section to get her out. I was so frustrated and stressed out at this time. We decided to go with the Drs decision and get the pill. That night I actually got my best nights rest. I was feeling a little nauseated so they gave me some phengrin (sp) and a dose of Newbain (sp) pain meds so I was knocked out and slept like a champ. Wed morning still no change but they started the pitocin again. At about 10:30 am I had asked for some pain meds and they said I could get my epidural if I wanted it. I thought it was a little nuts to get it at a 1cm but they assured me that I wouldn't run out of the epidural. I agreed and decided to go ahead with the epidural. I was uncomfortable during the epidural but not to painful. The next thing to do was start the catheter, they checked me before and still was at a 1. They called in the Dr and before the catheter and they broke my water. Talk about a flood! It was crazy! Glad I was not in a store!!! ( that was my biggest fear to be in Wal-mart and my water to break) After they broke my water and put in my catheter, I was checked again! I was 4 cm dilated. This was about 11 am, at noon they checked me and I was at 6cm dilated. At 1pm my favorite nurse Cindi checked me and called in another nurse to check me to be sure. I was at a 10! It was go time! I started to push and for 2 1/2 hours I pushed til my precious Emory Cathleen was born at 4:42 p.m. I was so tired of pushing I pushed her out without a contraction! I just wanted to meet my little girl. 

Emory was 7lbs 7 oz and 20.5 inches long.
I never thought you could fall in love within seconds but it really does happen! 

1 comment: